- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Vegetable muffins
Soft and slightly spicy, this recipe is very easy to prepare, and fun to make with pumpkin around Halloween.
2 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 12 muffins
- 300g pumpkin
- 125g flour
- pinch baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg
- 50g raisins, optional
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Cut the pumpkin into slices, peel and remove the seeds; cook in a steamer until it is soft, about 20 minutes. Mash the pumpkin with a fork or pass it through a sieve. You will need about 125g.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, olive oil, water and egg. Add the pumpkin puree and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and stir briefly.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the paper cases, about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. After the first 25 minutes, check muffins by inserting a skewer in the centre of a muffin, when cooked it will come out clean.
- Remove muffin tin from the oven and let sit on a wire rack for ten minutes. When they are cool enough to be handled, transfer the muffins onto the wire rack and let cool completely.