We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 cup chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon (or more) fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 2–3-pound rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
Combine apple, 1/4 cup cilantro, 2 Tbsp. onion, and 1 tsp. lime juice in a small bowl; toss to coat. Set apple salsa aside.
Combine remaining onion, bell pepper, and oil in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until completely softened, 6–7 minutes. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients; stir constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer briskly, mashing some of the beans with the back of a spoon and stirring often, until sauce is thickened, 8–10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and more lime juice, if desired.
Divide rice and beans among plates. Top with some chicken and apple salsa. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and lime wedges.